Christmas time
I know the calendar says December 21st (or now maybe it´s 22nd:), I have helped out making Christmas cribs and Cristmas decorations at La Restinga, and the city has been filled with decorations, Christmas cribs and musical Christmas trees the las month...but the feeling of Christmas is missing. Not a bad word about the traditions of other countries, but I realize that I need snow, marsipan, mandarines, my advent- calendar, and the nice "stress" of baking cakes, buying gifts and all the other things that makes up the norwegina Christmas, to really get in the mood. But that being said, I couldn´t think of a place I would rather be to celebrate Cristmas, now that I´m not at home, than here, with the kids at La Restinga.
We will be celebrating with dinner and small gifts, and if I know the Iquitos way by now, with music and dancing, together with 40-50 of the kids at La Restinga. ( If that doesn´t give me the Christmas-feeling, I guess I must have turned into the grinch..) I´m sure it will be a fantastic Christmas Eve.
The 26th we head off to Lima, continuing for Cuzco by bus the day after. There we´ll be celebrating New Years with Silje, Stine, Eline, Hanne Anna and her boyfriend, Victor and Steinar. And Yannick, a canadian friend who just left Iquitos and La Restinga. A great way to start the new year!
Pollo Loco and myself wish you a very Merry Christmas, and all the best for the New Year!
We will be celebrating with dinner and small gifts, and if I know the Iquitos way by now, with music and dancing, together with 40-50 of the kids at La Restinga. ( If that doesn´t give me the Christmas-feeling, I guess I must have turned into the grinch..) I´m sure it will be a fantastic Christmas Eve.
The 26th we head off to Lima, continuing for Cuzco by bus the day after. There we´ll be celebrating New Years with Silje, Stine, Eline, Hanne Anna and her boyfriend, Victor and Steinar. And Yannick, a canadian friend who just left Iquitos and La Restinga. A great way to start the new year!
Pollo Loco and myself wish you a very Merry Christmas, and all the best for the New Year!


1 Comments:
Hvis de e nå trøst, så e itj de nå snø i Norge heller Camilla! ;)
Mvh Gilde Ingvild.
Post a Comment
<< Home